• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

20hak20

I applied for the August vacancy and just checked the portal - I failed to make it past the sift, which is quite humbling. Best of luck to those remaining.
What does it say on the online portal if you don't me asking? Mine is still saying application in process but guessing I didn't make it too since there's another posting they just had.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MintyMango

Don't rely too much on the online portal. I failed DMI a while ago and it still says application in process :lol:

Had you done your OPC assessments elsewhere? Just wondering if it's only VSE due to prior results on the system?
Nope. From my first driver application I was booked to take Stage One with EMR, but that was cancelled due to COVID and this is my first application since.

I did see that from London Overgrounds own website I shouldn't be doing VSE until Stage Two, so I'm confused myself. I'll be asking them why when I reply with my info.

REO Nate

ARL get you to do the VSE at home before you attend stage 1 and 2 assessments. They use it as a screening tool to sift people out.
Nope. From my first driver application I was booked to take Stage One with EMR, but that was cancelled due to COVID and this is my first application since.

I did see that from London Overgrounds own website I shouldn't be doing VSE until Stage Two, so I'm confused myself. I'll be asking them why when I reply with my info.

ARL get you to do the VSE at home before you attend stage 1 and 2 assessments. They use it as a screening tool to sift people out.
I see. Do you know if it counts as a strike if you don't pass? I'll be asking them in my email to confirm.

Also unsure of why their website doesn't reflect that, guess that's a COVID thing.

Lenny_U

I had OPC too but still had to do VSE at home then again at stage 2 assessments.

Razer Train

You will do it in both pre assessment (at home) and stage 2

Simply at stage 2 again so they know it's you who is doing it and not someone else at home at pre stage and also to eliminate people to lower the number rates going into stage 1

Kinda narrows down the skill difference if that makes sense.

HLK97

They didn’t used to do VSE at home first. That’s been added in this year as an extra applicant sift.

PlexiDriver

I got an email asking for my DOB and NI is that legit? It's from a William Jinks. I assume it is, but just want to check if anyone else got this?

Last edited:

BouncyCastle

Did you find this challenging?
It was alright, it's in three parts and the final part was the hardest. Follow the instructions and focus on the track section when doing the third part of the VSE and you should be fine.

I've got stage 1 assessment centre next week, honestly ARL seem to be moving through the stages at a good pace.

B Boy 82

It was alright, it's in three parts and the final part was the hardest. Follow the instructions and focus on the track section when doing the third part of the VSE and you should be fine.

I've got stage 1 assessment centre next week, honestly ARL seem to be moving through the stages at a good pace.
Thank you for the advise and congratulations. Best of luck going forward pal.

Zefco2113

Thank you for the advise and congratulations. Best of luck going forward pal.

Congrats and good luck mate,

Congratulations mate, and good luck going foward. Waiting for mine to hopefully come through soon. Just a quick one mate, do they send enough practice materials beforehand? Or do u think its good to buy the online course from how2become.com. Its quite expensive so wanted to ask.
Regards

Harlesden: Apprentice Trainee Train Driver *new 17/08/2021*

Harlesden: (24/02/2021)

South East London: (24/02/2021)

Good luck to everyone applying!
Thanks for sending this initially, i have got the generic email saying that im in for selection so hoping for the best, Would u be able to tell me if ARL will send enough practice material for us or would it be better to buy some from How2become.com. its kinda expensive and they throw in vouchers and all the crap and 100s of emails so wondered.
Regards

T-Karmel

Thanks for sending this initially, i have got the generic email saying that im in for selection so hoping for the best, Would u be able to tell me if ARL will send enough practice material for us or would it be better to buy some from How2become.com. its kinda expensive and they throw in vouchers and all the crap and 100s of emails so wondered.
No problem mate, good luck! ARL sends you practice materials for everything and I would say they are great and enough, but myself I bought that for VSE https://traineetraindriverinfo.com/product/dynamic-visual-search-test/ and I think it helped me pass, cause it actually helped me imagine and practice how it actually looks like in real test. I definitely recommend that, money well spend.

Plodster

Congrats and good luck mate,

Congratulations mate, and good luck going foward. Waiting for mine to hopefully come through soon. Just a quick one mate, do they send enough practice materials beforehand? Or do u think its good to buy the online course from how2become.com. Its quite expensive so wanted to ask.
Regards

Regards
Traineetraindriver.com do some good stuff for the Computer tests too

two handed coordination test

vigilance test

grey square test

well with it - paid £60 for the downloads which were pretty much the same as the tests on the day and helped me pass

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.