• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overhead Line Equipment (OHLE) down at Carlisle (30/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Sensible idea and with such a short distance, it doesn't really matter if a no heat loco performs the drag duty.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I missed the penultimate DalesRail train of the year because of this disruption :( Given I'm in the Scottish Borders (for obvious reasons!) next Sunday it's only a year until the next train.... :(

causton

Established Member
Someone was at the station today saying as the 16xx from Motherwell southbound was cancelled, they paid for their two sons to fly down from Glasgow to Heathrow!

They were unhappy that had their children taken the 1731 to Preston which was RT, then a VT to Rugby, then another VT to Euston they would have only lost about 1 hour... I told them to send off for delay repay with the plane tickets and wished them luck!!!

Edit: They would have actually been back home quicker!! They were due to arrive back EUS 2300 then take another train to Watford from there... instead if they changed at Preston and Rugby they would have made the 6 minutes gap between the Rugby terminator and the Euston train and would be arriving Watford 2312 in just over half an hour time from now! Oops!

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
looks like the errant unit went south today. It was dumped overnight in the centre road at Carlisle. It was still there as I passed this morning but had gone when i arrived around 14:30. I think my train passed it being hauled by another 350 at Carnforth.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
looks like the errant unit went south today. It was dumped overnight in the centre road at Carlisle. It was still there as I passed this morning but had gone when i arrived around 14:30. I think my train passed it being hauled by another 350 at Carnforth.

Is TPE having to cancel any services I wonder because of them being a unit down or are they managing, for the time being.
Sam

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Is TPE having to cancel any services I wonder because of them being a unit down or are they managing, for the time being.
Sam

Not necessarily. A fleet is compose of x number of units, x number of diagrams plus x number Maintenance/Spare. Could be repaired by now.

Why not have a look at RTT as that would indicate any TPE cancellations or TPEs Website.

Crossover

Established Member
Not necessarily. A fleet is compose of x number of units, x number of diagrams plus x number Maintenance/Spare. Could be repaired by now.

Why not have a look at RTT as that would indicate any TPE cancellations or TPEs Website.

It wouldn't show any short forms though

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
There were some short formed units across north TPE routes to provide a couple of 185's to replace the damaged 350

Status
Not open for further replies.