• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overhead wire damage 13th February Preston to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

warwickshire

On Moderation
Today Thursday the 13th February the overheads where damaged between Preston and Bolton causing service disruption and cancelled trains and services diverted via chat moss. However northern had buses Bolton to Wigan Wallgate . Surely due to services diverted this way they could Al'so do stop orders for Wigan north Western. Due to the fact at wigan Wallgate many passengers where inconvenienced due to buses from Bolton not going to Preston. Only to Wigan Wallgate. However does any one know what the damage was to the overheads.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
They'll be down again this weekend courtesy of storm Dennis so the OLE teams might as well have a day off tomorrow. :)

randyrippley

Established Member
I bet they've been missing the Preston wiring train in the last six months.........should never have scrapped it

KieronQuinn

This is weird. They were only completed recently and I thought they were done to a fairly robust design. Oh dear.

This isn't the first time they've been down either I don't think, iirc they were down like a week or so after it opened or something ridiculous like that. But if you have a faulty train, there's not much you can engineer to avoid it I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.