• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overhead wire problems on WCML (18/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
There's been two different sets of overhead wire problems this morning, one at Northampton and one at South Hampstead. The WCML service is up the spout.

And proving just what a good job Virgin and London Midland do of working together, I saw this lovely little twitter exchange this morning:

https://twitter.com/icey_mark/status/600208382134452225

@LondonMidland the electronic boards at Euston still say cross ticket acceptance with Virgin. Guard in 0853 Edinburgh says tickets not valid
@LondonMidland I was told I'd have to pay again so got off. Going to be rather late for work

Basically the PIS was advertising ticket acceptance which Virgin and London Midland both denied all knowledge of. Network Rail Euston were adamant there was ticket acceptance in place.

"Britain's railway companies working together" :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Retorus

Whenever I'm due to travel on the WCML there seem to be problems, sorry everyone!

martinsh

Established Member
1) I travelled Crewe - Stafford on a Virgin Liverpool - Euston this morning. Guard was advising of delays due to overhead line problems "in the Watford area" ?

2) maybe this topic should be made a Sticky ?! :D

OneOffDave

My usual train between MKC and Euston was cancelled but luckily the earlier train was running late so caught that. Lost a further 10 minutes between there and Euston, having to switch lines before the Primrose Hill tunnel.

Problem as I understand it is/was a corroded OHLE support in Primrose Hill Tunnel which was found during a routine inspection. Has been temporarily fixed and a 50mph ESR imposed whilst they work out how to fix it properly.

Boodiggy

Problem as I understand it is/was a corroded OHLE support in Primrose Hill Tunnel which was found during a routine inspection. Has been temporarily fixed and a 50mph ESR imposed whilst they work out how to fix it properly.

It's on the bridge just north of the tunnel by South Hampstead

GatwickDepress

Established Member
The 0913 ex-MKC Southern service had special stop orders at Kings Langley and Apsley yesterday as a result of this. Shows they aren't completely forgotten by the higher ups! ;)

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I've just seen probably the best local newspaper article ever printed about this:

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/mo...n-now-being-terminated-at-bletchley-1-6749281

A morning train to London will now terminate after just one stop.

The 9.47am from Milton Keynes was due to make six intermediate stops en route to London Euston. However it will now terminate at Bletchley, and will not call at Leighton Buzzard, Cheddington, Tring, Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead, Watford or Euston.

Has this change affected you? Comment below or email [email protected]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tsr

Established Member
I'd hope it wasn't actually calling at Watford - can 350s fly? ;)

(It does seem most newspaper reporters don't quite care about how many stations there actually are in Britain. I frequently see them create extra confusion by missing out the "Junction", "Common", "Central", "London" or whatever from station names. It almost seems in contempt for TOC press releases, as if to say "stuff it, they've ruined the service, now we'll talk about entirely the wrong stations and only release half the story at that". /rant !!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.