• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overnight Garaging/Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitdiver

Just a query does anybody know if there is an overnight coach park in Weymouth as I am a regular visitor there and I have seen the NX service arrive late in the evening and I was wondering where it is kept and what does the driver do

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Just a query does anybody know if there is an overnight coach park in Weymouth as I am a regular visitor there and I have seen the NX service arrive late in the evening and I was wondering where it is kept and what does the driver do
Weymouth NX is run by Bournemouth Transport (last time I checked it was anyways) and the coach goes back to Bournemouth.

I believe there are bus stands down on the sea front?

pitdiver

Just explains a lot as I have never seen any NX coaches overnight in Weymouth.Although must be some Tour Coaches that are parked up somewhere.

83G/84D

Established Member
In seaside resorts in Cornwall the overnight touring coaches park outside or nearby hotels rather than at a remote or unattended coach park.

pitdiver

On my aforementioned visits to Weymouth
I have never seen any coaches parked outside any of the sea front hotels over night Only when they are picking up or setting down. I have since discovered there is a Coach Park a bit remote though. I wonder how the poor old driver gets back to where he is lodging or does he sleep in the coach like lorry drivers do in their cabs.

Lrd

Established Member
There is a bed on some long distance coaches, used when double manned but I doubt it would be used in this situation. Probably a walk or taxi payed for by the company.

carlberry

Established Member
On my aforementioned visits to Weymouth
I have never seen any coaches parked outside any of the sea front hotels over night Only when they are picking up or setting down. I have since discovered there is a Coach Park a bit remote though. I wonder how the poor old driver gets back to where he is lodging or does he sleep in the coach like lorry drivers do in their cabs.
The coach park is a fairly easy walk to most of the hotels and also has a Premier Inn right next to it.

Harbouring

If the company has local lodgings they might have a shared car that they park in the car park? Little hatchback or something.

There is one long distance coach (Burnley I think) which parks at Portsmouth D-day coach park and the digs must be nearby as i often see a driver walking out towards the apartment blocks along the front

robertclark125

Established Member
There's a coach park on the queens promenade in Blackpool, just after the roundabout where the road dips, that is very popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.