• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overrunning Engineering Work Bristol 0 WS Mare

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Over-running engineering work between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol Temple Meads means that trains are unable to run between these stations. This is expected to continue until 14:00.
CrossCountry services are diverting via Westbury, extending journey times by up to 60 minutes.
Great Western Railway services are being replaced by buses between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol Temple Meads via Nailsea, Backwell and Worle. Also between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads.
Alternative travel options
There is mutual ticket acceptance in place with CrossCountry and Great Western Railway.
Great Western Railway passengers may also use First Buses on the following routes:
126: Weston-Super-Mare - Weston Milton
X1: Weston-Super-Mare - Weston Milton - Worle - Nailsea & Backwell - Bristol
X5: Weston-Super-Mare - Weston Milton - Worle - Bristol Parkway
W1: Weston-Super-Mare - Weston Milton - Worle - Yatton - Nailsea & Backwell - Bristol
A2: Weston-Super-Mare - Weston Milton - Worle - Nailsea and Backwell
X8: Bristol - Nailsea & Backwell

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Latest estimate now 1600.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
GWR and XC been badly hit also for some considerable time due fatality near Plymouth. Although I know much detail I'm not discussing it any further.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
NRE now saying to the end of the service. Anyone know what actually went wrong there?

Not a clue. Not publicly disclosed anywhere as far as I can see.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Line now open but trains to run reduced speed for rest of day past site until lremedial work can be carried out overnight. Understand bridge replacement job at Long Ashton.

initiation

Yes as above it was the new bridge. On the train south bound this evening we crawled over the bridge where works had been occuring due to the speed restriction.

I assume NR staff will return tonight to finish things up and get it back to normal operation (didn't see any activity as we passed).

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Yes as above it was the new bridge. On the train south bound this evening we crawled over the bridge where works had been occuring due to the speed restriction.

I assume NR staff will return tonight to finish things up and get it back to normal operation (didn't see any activity as we passed).

Thats what Post #7 says. Train services are still running down yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.