• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Own Source] LHCS with Virgin This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Established Member
This Weekend:

XC HSTs Saturday Only

GNER
5V04 (03.14 Neville Hill - Bristol Temple Meads)
1C02 (07.35 Bristol Temple Meads - Paignton)
1E33 (10.32 Paignton - Newcastle Central)
5E33 (17.42 Newcastle Central - Heaton )

MML:
5V29 (04.58 Neville Hill - Manchester Picc)
1V29 (07.23 Manchester Piccadilly - Newquay via Wilmslow)
1M28 (15.22 Newquay - Manchester Piccadilly via Wilmslow)
5E28 (22.51 Manchester Piccadilly - Neville Hill)

ex-VT:
5V49 (07.27 Neville Hill - Newcastle Central)
1V49 (09.41 Newcastle Central - Newquay)
2C75 (19.15 Newquay - Plymouth)
5C75 (21.30 Plymouth - Laira TMD)

ex-VT:
5C64 (06.00 Laira TMD - Plymouth)
2C64 (06.51 Plymouth - Newquay)
1E34 (09.40 Newquay - Newcastle Central)
5E34 (18.42 Newcastle Central - Neville Hill )

HSTs WILL run and its unlikely the XC 90 will be out,
--

North of Lancaster WCML shut - Voyagers over S&C.

==============================

West Coast:

No Proper Diagrams.

All Weekend Liverpool - Runcorn is closed. 57 drags from Crewe via Manchester.

Reading various sources its understood that at least a single Class 90 will do a Saturday Holyhead diagram due to no Double Voyagers. I'm not 100% sure if this will happen. But would be worth a look. :)

Depending on wether there are enough Pendolinos or not, 90s may appear on Birmingham/Liverpool/Macclesfield routes. Again not sure if this will happen, but I'm sure at least a few sets will be out.

Stockport - Manchester Piccadilly shut. All Manchester trains divert via Styal/Wilmslow. Hourly service from Stockport (Possibly Macclesfield not sure) - Euston.

Drags Nuneaton - Birmingham??

West Coast 90s tend to be a last-minute thing so don't blame me if it doesn't run. XC HSTs WILL run. XC 90 is unlikely to run!

Happy Spotting :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewisham2221

Established Member
I think (or at least hope considering that he did the Holyhead 47's meet!) Chaz know's as much as you and I that the 90 won't be going all the way up to Holyhead, but it is still able to work the Holyhead diagram upto Crewe before being replaced by a 57 between Crewe and Holyhead.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Marv said:
I think (or at least hope considering that he did the Holyhead 47's meet!) Chaz know's as much as you and I that the 90 won't be going all the way up to Holyhead, but it is still able to work the Holyhead diagram upto Crewe before being replaced by a 57 between Crewe and Holyhead.
Yes he does and the wording was correct, it's still a Holyhead diagram.

I suppose it could be argued it's a Crewe diagram but that'd be pedantic and also cause confusion as the ultimate destination of the train is Holyhead.

No point arguing over this minor issue though. But of course a 90 did go to Llandnudno the other week as mentioned earlier ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.