• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oxenholme connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Nothing due to call northbound at Oxenholme between 1246 and 1408 in the pre-VHF timetable.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Times, departing Preston and arriving Oxenholme:
d 1215 a 1246
d 1337 a 1408
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In that case, off Preston there's 1615, 1640, 1737, 1815, 1839 or 1915 before the late evening.

VTPreston_Tez

I was told to get the 1537 from OXN, as the 1437 was the incident train. So it must have been the 1408a that was late.

ex-railwayman

It beggars belief that some folks still think competitive TOC's in the UK will harbour the old BR policy of keeping branch line trains back for a couple of minutes to allow customers to change from mainline ones that are running late, now, remind me again, when did we go private, ermmm 1994?

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

snail

Established Member
I was told to get the 1537 from OXN, as the 1437 was the incident train. So it must have been the 1408a that was late.
Why don't you find out exactly which train you were on, so we can understand your complaint? As I interpret your earlier post, you say the TPE train was timed to leave 26 minutes after the London train's arrival. Your complaint is that it didn't leave 28 minutes later, yes? That is a very different story to the one in your opening post.

cle

Established Member
Lay off the Oxenholme guy, apologists! Who can be expected to remember their timetables from years ago.

What I believe he means is that a late running train was given a revised timetable (i.e. "we are now 15 mins late, so will now arrive at X at yy:zz") and within that new revised proposal, there was now 1 minute to make the connection whereas if the train had been running to time there would have been 15 mins.

Perhaps he wasn't as clear in this, but I suspect most people knew what he was getting at, rather than waiting for morsels of falsehood, like hungry lions.

tbtc

Veteran Member
It happened to me. The train was one minute late and the connection left 20 seconds as my VT Euston-Glasgow had arrived. They apologised to me on Twitter, claiming "they couldn't hold in services. I considered filing a complaint, so I know how you feel. They didn't even give me compensation.

Lay off the Oxenholme guy, apologists! Who can be expected to remember their timetables from years ago.

What I believe he means is that a late running train was given a revised timetable (i.e. "we are now 15 mins late, so will now arrive at X at yy:zz") and within that new revised proposal, there was now 1 minute to make the connection whereas if the train had been running to time there would have been 15 mins.

Perhaps he wasn't as clear in this, but I suspect most people knew what he was getting at, rather than waiting for morsels of falsehood, like hungry lions.

I don't think its a Witch-hunt, just an attempt to sort out what actually happened

Status
Not open for further replies.