• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oxford to Pembroke, Fri 14 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas43

I'm hoping that the Covid-19 plague will be quiescent by then, but possibly we'll still be advised to avoid crowded places. On Fridays in August 2019, were Swansea to Pembroke trains crowded? We'll want to arrive in Pembroke by about 1400. Any advice on which trains to choose Oxford to Swansea, preferably allowing 30 minutes to change trains?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Assuming something like a normal service has resumed, you will need to leave Oxford soon after 0800, either 0816 changing at Reading and Swansea, or at 0826/0835 changing at Didcot Swindon and Swansea (which I would assume is cheaper).
Can't answer your questions about train loadings, but I would have thought you were avoiding peak travel times (except perhaps the 0816 Oxford to Reading Cross-country service).

Status
Not open for further replies.