• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oxted Bay Platform 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerwood

On my way back from London yesterday, I was early at London Bridge so decided to take an Uckfield train and change at Oxted (I was going to East Grinstead).

I noticed that platform 3 track at Oxted has been electrified - and am pretty convinced that this hasn't always been like that since the 1987 electrification.

Have I missed something?

If it is a reason addition (the kick boards look new) - what's the rationale behind doing it?

cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sparks169

I have no idea, I used to live in Oxted and briefly worked on the stations in the area including Oxted itself, so am interested to know why this has been done.

I would imagine though it's probably to allow EGR shuttles during disruption or engineering works.

Have you tried asking any of the station staff?

pendolino

I don't think it's actually live yet anyway - the cables run towards the viaduct and seem to be capped off and not connected to anything - and I haven't seen anything in the WON/PON about it being energised.

Status
Not open for further replies.