• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster card on Javelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
A bit confused! Ordinarily one cannot use an Oyster card on the Javelin services but can use the special Games Travelcard between St. Pancras and Stratford International stations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A bit confused! Ordinarily one cannot use an Oyster card on the Javelin services but can use the special Games Travelcard between St. Pancras and Stratford International stations?
That is correct. Once the Javelin services start running later this month, Games Travelcards will be valid on them, but other Travelcards and Oyster Pay As You Go (PAYG) will not.

GodAtum

On Moderation
That is correct. Once the Javelin services start running later this month, Games Travelcards will be valid on them, but other Travelcards and Oyster Pay As You Go (PAYG) will not.

Ah OK, do you have any dates on when they will be accepted?

LondonJohn

My travel to the games will be covered by my current travelcard so the free games one is a bit of a waste for me though I might take a few trips back and forth from St Pancras to Stratford just to stick 2 fingers up at SET for not allowing TC on their so elite train that it doesn't have a first class.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I have a LOCOG Oyster card, I just phoned their helpline and they said I cannot use it on the Javelin!?

Just read this:
Games Family and Games Volunteers can use their special pink Oystercards to travel on our High speed services between St Pancras and Stratford International, both in the run up to the Olympic Games and in the period between the Olympic and Paralympic Games. This is only valid if the Accreditation card is presented with the Games Travelcard.

Please note no other Oystercards are accepted on High Speed services.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
No, it won't be valid on HS1.

See http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/2012/05/olympic-volunteer-oyster-cards/

From East Croydon, I would consider changing at London Bridge for the Jubilee Line, which will probably take a similar length of time to changing at St Pancras, but without giving SET any undeserved extra money!

Trying not to perpetuate the pantomime that this has become, but ...

"Oh yes it will!"

Southeastern have agreed, probably under a lot of last minute pressure, to allow holders of Games family Oyster cards to travel free providing they also have their accreditation with them. If you continue through the comments on that page you'll see the saga unfolding. There are no touching facilities at either end so the cards and accreditation need to be shown at the manual gate.

P

paul211b

I have received my pink oyster card and I am accredited for the games.

Can I use this on the HS1 train from Gillingham Kent to Stratford international?

seem strange that its only valid between Stratford int and St Pancras int. Only gives you Ebsfleet...pointless.

spoke to a barrier man this morning and he did not have a clue..

thanks

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Welcome to the forum,

No, the pink Oyster cards are only valid between St Pancras and Stratford. The next station (Ebbsfleet) is well beyond zone 6. Assuming that your Oyster has a travelcard on it then you need a ticket to boundary zone 6 and can take any train from Gillingham to Lewisham then the DLR to Stratford.

Status
Not open for further replies.