Oyster Pay As You Go Top Error (In My Favour)

Discussion in 'London Underground' started by duncanp, 7 Sep 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duncanp

duncanp Member

Has anyone else had this happen to them.

I have an annual travelcard for Zones 1 - 3 on oyster, and I topped up the PAYG balance online with £5, as I will need to make some journeys outside zone 3 in the next few weeks.

When I touched in at my nominated station on Thursday morning on the way to work, my Oyster card was credited with £5 as expected.

However when I touched out at the same station on Thursday afternoon on the way home from work, my Oyster card was credited with another £5.

On checking my credit card statement however, only £5 was deducted from my card.

Just wanted to know whether this is an isolated incident, or if it has happened before.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. trivran

trivran Member

Know of a bloke who somehow ended up with £56 on his Oyster when he first got it. TfL let him keep it!

4. MikeWh

MikeWh Established Member Senior Fares Advisor

It's not isolated as someone else has reported the same issue on my site. I wonder if you can expand on the details of which station, either here or by PM.

5. spinba11

spinba11 Member

I once went from Stanmore to Wembley Park and picked up a travel card as I left which cost me £1, a few days later I got a auto refund for £1.

6. lewisf

lewisf Member

I've had a top-up go one twice before. Was never taken off or corrected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.