• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel3982

The other day I went on a bit of an explore through East and South London via the DLR, Overground and buses. Anyway was making my second DLR journey of the day which was Stratford to Lewisham & when I finished I tried to touch out but the machine just said "seek assistance", I tried several times but to no avail. I noticed at the machine that it had charged me full-fare already when I tried to put some more credit on (I had enough prior to this journey to complete it) and went on my way via bus.

My day ended up costing nearly £11 when it should've been capped at the zone 2 & 3 travel rate. I've e-mailed oyster a week ago but haven't heard anything. Since I tried to touch out and they can see I caught a bus straight away after from Lewisham should I have a chance of getting my money back?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Call the Oyster helpdesk, they should be able to assist. Don't rely on waiting for a response to that email.

Did you exceed the maximum journey time on any of your journeys? That is highly likely, especially when using OSIs and doing convoluted routes.

Can you log in to your account and take a screenshot of your journey history, save it as a PNG file, and upload it as an attachment here?

Brucey

Did your previous journey end at Stratford, then the next journey start at Stratford? If yes, what was the time difference between you touching out then back in again?

island

Veteran Member
Phone up the helpline (don't bother emailing) and they'll arrange for a credit to bring you back to £7.70, the zone 1-4 cap, for the day (assuming you travelled after 0930, or the "other day" was a weekend or bank holiday). You will be asked to nominate a station where you will be starting or finishing a journey in the 8 days beginning the day after your call, and the credit will be added to your card the next time you touch in or out at that station.

As for the cause, my money's on Stratford. If you touched in at the gates there to take the DLR and then touched in again at the standalone validators at the DLR platform, that will end your journey, then going to touch out at Lewisham will start a new journey rather than ending one.

Status
Not open for further replies.