• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster service delay refund Tube plus NR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leisurefirst

Hi there,
Wondered if anybody could advise please?
Travelled last night by tube to Tottenham Hale then to Northumberland Park.
The tube part was delayed on my Circle Line journey to King's Cross slightly then I could not access the Victoria Line at King's Cross (there had been a stalled train somewhere and the platform was too crowded apparently) so I had to catch the Piccadilly to Finsbury Park and change.
I arrived at TOT about 11 minutes late so under the 15 minutes but crucially it meant I missed the train to NUM and had to wait for the next which meant I arrived there 16 minutes late.
The Oyster refund screen wants me to choose either tube or Rail as the journey source not a combination.
If I choose tube I can't select NUM as a destination and the tube part was of course "only" an 11 minute delay.
Can I claim for this at all please and how does anybody know?
Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I am afraid the relevant TfL policy here is that you need to be delayed by 15 minutes or more at your London Underground destination in order to claim compensation.

Leisurefirst

I am afraid the relevant TfL policy here is that you need to be delayed by 15 minutes or more at your London Underground destination in order to claim compensation.
Thanks for the reply!
Yes, that does seem to be the case...
Yet if I chose to get off the tube at Seven Sisters and take the Overground to White Hart Lane instead I could have been eligible for a full refund!
As NUM is served by Greater Anglia that doesn't count even though the fare was the same and the journey was a larger proportion on the tube!

Status
Not open for further replies.