• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster Web Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
If you receive a "web credit" due to a delay on the tube why isn't this automatically added to your Oyster balance when an auto top up payment is added?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
When I've had auto-refunds in the past (not sure whether it was called a web credit), it's been independent of my nominated station, and it actually applied itself even when I had auto-topup turned off.

The way it worked for me was it detecting my daily journeys and picking one of those stations by itself, to upload the information to the gateline computers.

westv

Established Member
Well at the moment they just sit in your account and you have to log in and request a bank transfer if you have auto top up set up.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Auto refunds will usually relate to overcharged journeys which have subsequently been reconciled. These will be pushed back to the card via faster upload which means that it's available to pick up anywhere within 30 minutes of the refund being added to the database. It's the same way that online topups now work - there's no need to specify a station and it'll even work on a bus.

Web credits for delays will be compensation for delayed journeys. Auto topups are processed on trust after the credit has been added to the Oyster card. Whilst the bank/card account details come from the online account, I'm not sure that the auto topup process has the ability to check web credits. There may be a batching issue which might cause a duplicate credit if more than one card on the account is going through auto topup in the same batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.