• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

P and O Irish See Cairnryan Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Hi.

Planning a little jornt in the next few months and thinking of using the Scotland to Larn ferry as aposed to Belfast. The reasons for this are firstly that it bags me Larn>Belfast and secondly because I like P and O. Only issue Im having is public transport to P and Os terminal at Cairnryan terminal as it all seams to focus on the much more popular Stenna one.

Any ideas foalks?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nag67

The 58/60/358/360 from Ayr/Girvan to Stranraer seems to open up some other 2 hourly possibilities. Connections to rail at the Stranraer end are not great, given the infrequent train and ferry schedules. Timetables are available at the same page of links.

nag67

P and O terminal to Stena terminal is a good mile and a half between the junctions off the A77, plus whatever distance is involved off the main road.

Depends on the weather, how fit you are feeling and what you are carrying.

nag67

I'm afraid I can't help with that one, as I am not local and have never used the terminal. If it is anything like the Stena terminal at Belfast, where the Liverpool ferry comes in, there would be a taxi phone in the terminal.

Perhaps someone who has passed through the terminal can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.