• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

P&O Hull to Rotterdam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayman Ilham

I was looking at ferry prices (as foot passenger) between Hull & Rotterdam (overnight would save me having to book a hotel) and found that, while the price on the P&O website is £217 for a round trip, booking through Direct Ferries gives a much cheaper £46 return which seems a bargain compared to the rather hefty price above, but why is it that much cheaper? Is there some catch I'm missing out here? Also, I heard Europoort in Rotterdam (where P&O sail to) has no public transport apart from P&O operated coaches timed with the ferries transferring to Rotterdam Central; how do I buy a ticket for those? Do they have to be pre booked in advance or can you buy a ticket from the driver when you turn up off the boat?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewlew

You need to add a cabin on to that price which brings the cost up quite a bit

Unsure about the coaches but I did Hull to Zeebrugge and bought the coach transfer when I booked the ferry online.

Ayman Ilham

You need to add a cabin on to that price which brings the cost up quite a bit

Unsure about the coaches but I did Hull to Zeebrugge and bought the coach transfer when I booked the ferry online.
So basically Direct Ferries only shows the price without the cabin? Booking says 2 berth cabin is included in that £46 price!
EMVVEa5WwAAOsN4.jpeg

Lewlew

I'm stumped! Just tried to book the same ferries on both direct ferries and P&O and getting the same results as you. I initially thought Direct Ferries were doing it as a mini cruise but P&O only have 3 day ones on that route at £60.

Maybe direct ferries are checking the international site and converting the currency?

Status
Not open for further replies.