Pacer - Cardiff - Holyhead

Discussion in 'Traction & Rolling Stock' started by Y Ddraig Coch, 4 Dec 2019.

1. Mrs. Fortescue

Mrs. Fortescue Member

2. Mrs. Fortescue

Mrs. Fortescue Member

Problems on Maesteg branch - it parked in Platform 3 at Bridgend (never seen anything there before) until it was given the all clear.

3. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

It depends on the circumstances fully. I've had situations where I've been waiting for a train that's meant to be formed of 10 coaches and has rolled in with 5 and many other circumstances like that. It's of course been very busy and a horrible journey experience but I've had to put up with it because I have no other choice (other than paying for a new ticket, which is of course unrealistic). If I've paid a lot for a ticket then I expect to have the standard of service I was expecting at the time of purchase. Just my opinion, I don't mean to upset anyone.

4. PHILIPE

PHILIPE Veteran Member

That was the 1645 from Cheltenham which shunted into 3 until access available. It was there from 1840 to 1927. The platform does get used at times and within the last couple of weeks when a shuttle had to be run for a period between Bridgend and Maesteg, Forget what the actual problem was at the time. A weekend sometimes sees it used if there is Engineering Work when a unit is sent to Bridgend to stable and then work a shuttle.

5. Mrs. Fortescue

Mrs. Fortescue Member

No, it was this train from Holyhead from 1750 for roughly half an hour. I know because I was on it.

The Cheltenham train may have subsequently done that also, but that was after this train left. :)

6. PHILIPE

PHILIPE Veteran Member

OOOPS. I missed that one on RTT :oops::oops: Should be a 175 so I pleased to see that a 153 was found to make this regularly overloaded train up to 3 Cars from Cardiff

7. Envoy

Envoy Established Member

It would appear that my contribution to this thread has been ‘censored’ (removed)!

8. Mrs. Fortescue

Mrs. Fortescue Member

It should be a 175/1 yes, but more recently it’s had a few more 150s. Normally when it is, they’ll stick a 153 on the front/rear.