• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington Station 24/7 - Channel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonbridge

Established Member
Good job I spotted it tonight as although I had a “next episode” entry, as per usual series link failed to add it to my Sky+ planner.

rebmcr

Established Member
Good job I spotted it tonight as although I had a “next episode” entry, as per usual series link failed to add it to my Sky+ planner.

The episode did not yet appear on TheTVDB.com, I have now added it there, so any services which rely on it should hopefully update soon.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I'm confused, was that last year? I cant believe they would edit it so quickly if it was this year??

gazthomas

Established Member
Having watched today's episode I can see why the Great Western electrification has taken so long!

GrimShady

Established Member
I haven't watched any of these yet. Has the Sleeper featured in any episodes? Also I heard there was one epsiode where the rails buckled under a departing Class 43 which was then dragged along by the lead 43, which episode was this as it sounds interesting. Must have made a right racket!

alxndr

Established Member
Also I heard there was one epsiode where the rails buckled under a departing Class 43 which was then dragged along by the lead 43, which episode was this as it sounds interesting.

Season 1 episode 7.

anamyd

On Moderation
I haven't watched any of these yet. Has the Sleeper featured in any episodes? Also I heard there was one epsiode where the rails buckled under a departing Class 43 which was then dragged along by the lead 43, which episode was this as it sounds interesting. Must have made a right racket!
Yes the sleeper gets some screen time, I'll find the episode number in a bit.

There’s a Paddington: Big Weekend Getaway episode on Friday at 8pm. Not sure if it’s new or a rerun.

Buffer68

Does anyone know if there’s going to be another series of Paddington 24/7 and if so when it will air please.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Does anyone know if there’s going to be another series of Paddington 24/7 and if so when it will air please.

I spoke to a manager at Paddington a couple of weeks ago who said there has been no filming carried out this year, so it looks unlikely as they normally film most of it in the spring and summer.

Buffer68

I spoke to a manager at Paddington a couple of weeks ago who said there has been no filming carried out this year, so it looks unlikely as they normally film most of it in the spring and summer.

Thanks for the info - what a shame, such a great programme. I have been watching the last series again on My5 this week.

transmanche

Established Member
You could always try tweeting the production company (Potato) and ask them if they have been commissioned to make any more series.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Do we really need another series about Paddington, though? In fact, it wasn't just about Paddington, rather than a series that focussed on GWR. There was a similar series on Kings Cross which expanded to cover wider ECML issues, and more recently the BBC Scotland series that shone a light on the activities at Glasgow Central. There's clearly a market for railway-related programmes, but perhaps it's time to expose the goings-on at a different station.

Terry Tait

London Bridge 24/7 would be my first choice for a new show, there's enough going on for that to be a goer.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do we really need another series about Paddington, though? In fact, it wasn't just about Paddington, rather than a series that focussed on GWR. There was a similar series on Kings Cross which expanded to cover wider ECML issues, and more recently the BBC Scotland series that shone a light on the activities at Glasgow Central. There's clearly a market for railway-related programmes, but perhaps it's time to expose the goings-on at a different station.

Point is regardless of the station after about two series it just becomes repetitive e.g. angry people who have missed their train, drunks being abusive to staff, etc etc

365 Networker

How about St Pancras 24/7 - then you've got both the Thameslink downstairs and Eurostar/ Midland Mainline upstairs.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

Signs up at Paddington yesterday notifying passengers that film crews are present from 22 June in connection with a new series of this.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Signs up at Paddington yesterday notifying passengers that film crews are present from 22 June in connection with a new series of this.

Filming to be going on for several months have been reliably informed with first episodes due to be Covid-focussed. Not sure what much else there is to film right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.