• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington Car Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole man

Do's anybody know why there is old railway track in the car park on Platform 1 side?.
And there is a sign for Motorail check in, did they years ago load cars from sidings there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Yes. There would sometimes be a row of cars snaking through the station concourse towards one of the platforms on the west side. I remember seeing the 6-wheeled pink Rolls Royce used in the kids TV series "Thunderbirds" being loaded onto a motorail train. Had to take a second look because I guess that I'd assumed that the vehicle in the films had only ever existed as a non-working scale model. (For all I know, It might still have been a non-working full-sized model!)

ole man

TY So i take it, it hasn't been used for years?, you can see the track by the exit from the car park.
The night riveria run last night with Tintagel castle in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.