• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington Station 24/7 - Channel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Ham

Established Member
Are there any indications if this is a genuine new series or another Channel 5 re-hash of what we've seen before?

The trailers show people in masks and talk about Covid-19, so most likely to be new (that's not too say that there's not old elements as well)

365 Networker

Might be interesting, although it would of been nice to see another station. I think St Pancras would be a good station to film.

AY1975

Established Member
Might be interesting, although it would of been nice to see another station. I think St Pancras would be a good station to film.
Yes, and Liverpool Street, London Bridge, Victoria and Waterloo.

They've also done Glasgow Central, so Edinburgh Waverley, Manchester Piccadilly, Liverpool Lime Street and Birmingham New Street would be good ones to do too.

Non Multi

I've seen plenty of photos and clips online of Paddington station entirely bereft of passengers this summer, a situation that didn't change with the end of lockdown. Presumably having the camera crew there kept the station staff occupied, and a little less bored.

High Dyke

Established Member
Blackpool North would be a good one for a short series.
They probably wouldn't be allowed on the station to film....even if they have permission!

Back to the thread. Info would suggest it's a rehash of series 3, with a few new items added that haven't been aired before. I found we had recorded the four episodes of Series 4 when they were first aired in May 2020

Last edited:

GodAtum

On Moderation
Was hoping to see some filming when it was essential travel only, but looks they started a bit later in July. When was the essential travel only period? Looks like they are blurring the places of those not wearing a fave mask. And it's a bit wrong to say "rush hour" as it doesn't exist anymore!

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Another snoozefest of non-events. Old footage of Pad showing a First liveried HST appeared briefly during the Pad point failure.

Andyh82

Established Member
Was hoping to see some filming when it was essential travel only, but looks they started a bit later in July. When was the essential travel only period? Looks like they are blurring the places of those not wearing a fave mask. And it's a bit wrong to say "rush hour" as it doesn't exist anymore!
They’ve lost the thing that they usually attach the fake drama onto, that the signal failure, broken rail, points failure, broken down train, train undergoing routine maintenance etc etc won’t be fixed in time for the evening rush hour which will ruin the lives of thousands of commuters

Established Member
Watching some Queens Park Rangers players catching a train was the highlight. Or perhaps not, material getting a bit thin now.

Andyh82

Established Member
Watching some Queens Park Rangers players catching a train was the highlight. Or perhaps not, material getting a bit thin now.
Yes that sequence generated literally nothing of interest did it. What was the take out? That a few of them took a bit too long going to Pret and almost but didn’t miss the train. It wasn’t as if there were any famous faces to latch onto.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

I think its only natural it was after May (which is around when the messaging changed) because almost nothing excited happened for 3 months between March - May. All you'd get is some filming people in masks, new signage a few staff talking about how weird it was but that would probably fill about 5 minutes of a show.

AY1975

Established Member
In the first episode, about halfway through the programme at the start of the bit about the heat-related points failures, you see what looks like an HST in First Group purple/pink livery in one of the platforms on the far right even though I thought it was filmed this summer and regular HST workings out of Paddington finished last year.

Dai Corner

Established Member
In the first episode, about halfway through the programme at the start of the bit about the heat-related points failures, you see what looks like an HST in First Group purple/pink livery in one of the platforms on the far right even though I thought it was filmed this summer and regular HST workings out of Paddington finished last year.

I'm sure they drop in clips like that to give the trainspotters something interesting to, er, spot :D

GodAtum

On Moderation
I wonder where that crossing was the women jogger was on, maybe she was taking a shortcut?

rebmcr

Established Member
"Cute little fluffy b*****d" mug with a picture of a kitten at 03:38 in ep2, uncensored!

Ashley Hill

Established Member
More HSTs and a 180 at Pad.Nice to see up to date footage being used :rolleyes:. Such a useful use of the fire brigade too by NR,must have been a quiet day in Wiltshire.

Hardcastle

They probably wouldn't be allowed on the station to film....even if they have permission!

Back to the thread. Info would suggest it's a rehash of series 3, with a few new items added that haven't been aired before. I found we had recorded the four episodes of Series 4 when they were first aired in May 2020
I did suggest Blackpool North with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.