• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgrb

Sorry for the probably stupid question but lots of conflicting/confusing info about

I’m travelling from Chippenham to Heathrow on Monday, what are my options to get to T5 - I will probably have a ruck sack and a small case so don’t want to make it too complicated or take too long but the Heathrow Express price seems a bit steep!

Any advice welcome

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Change at Reading onto a stopping service to Paddington, alight at West Drayton and then use bus 350 from there direct to Heathrow Terminal 5.

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Get a train to Reading and change for a slow stopping service and to Hayes & Harlington. Then wait for a train direct to Heathrow. Then it is a short wait for a shuttle to terminal 5.

It is much better than going into London and back out again

Attachments

• IMG_1335.PNG
    IMG_1335.PNG
    218.3 KB · Views: 25

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Depending upon if the fares are cheaper than the Heathrow Express from Paddington, another option is train from Chippenham to Reading, then the RailAir bus from near the station forecourt.

Through ticketing may or may not be available as it is a long time since I last used the bus which was in the days before Terminal 5 opened.

sonic2009

Established Member
If you haven’t bought your train ticket already, NatEx have services direct to Heathrow central bus station every 2 hours from Chippenham.

Highest price I can see is £26.00 single, is less than 2hr journey as well.

Last edited:

BluePenguin

On Moderation
If you haven’t bought your train ticket already, NatEx have services direct to Heathrow central bus station every 2 hours from Chippenham.

Highest price I can see is £26.00 single, is less than 2hr journey as well.
2 hours? That is a while. The price is pretty decent though

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Get a train to Reading and change for a slow stopping service and to Hayes & Harlington. Then wait for a train direct to Heathrow. Then it is a short wait for a shuttle to terminal 5.

It is much better than going into London and back out again
The through fare for this is £35.90 Super Off Peak Single - @tgrb what time are you travelling?
Change at Reading onto a stopping service to Paddington, alight at West Drayton and then use bus 350 from there direct to Heathrow Terminal 5.
It's £29.60 for this with a Super Off Peak Single, plus £1.50 for the bus (Oyster or Contactless).
Depending upon if the fares are cheaper than the Heathrow Express from Paddington, another option is train from Chippenham to Reading, then the RailAir bus from near the station forecourt.
This is more expensive, at £43.10 Super Off Peak Single.

tgrb

Thanks for all the replies guys

Flight is at 15:45 so guess I need to be there at 2ish? (Flying to Madrid)

Was considering the 11:35 from Chippenham

_toommm_

Established Member

I would personally give more time than that. There's been some issues round there recently (think it was signal failure), and of course trains can be trains and decide to kick you from behind, so with you catching a flight, you'll need some contingency.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member

Most travel insurance will only cover you for missed flights if you planned to arrive at least 2 hours before the flight for a European flight, or at least 3 hours before the flight for an international flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.