• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paignton- Hollocombe Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
A brilliant location for photograpahy with all the correct weather conditions! My first time photographing a moving train. This is my favourite shot.
h20ci.jpg

Also two 150s in both directions, an HST (as above), and a SWT 159.

Find the pictures here: http://paigntonrailwaycentre.50webs.com/261105.htm

EDIT: I noticed that 150247 had a plastic bag over its coupling device, any reson for this?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
That does look a nice location - bet it was a bit cold there today though.

The plastic bags on Wessex Trains units are to prevent icing of the couplers (and goes quite well with the sticky tape holding some of their 153's together).

devon_metro

Established Member
Dennis said:
That does look a nice location - bet it was a bit cold there today though.

The plastic bags on Wessex Trains units are to prevent icing of the couplers (and goes quite well with the sticky tape holding some of their 153's together).

Ahh i see! I thought it looked a bit silly. Although the second 150/2 did not have this. It certainly was chilly but well worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.