• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paper Timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyh82

Established Member
Transdev and Go North East have both restarted the printing of paper bus timetables following the suspension during the pandemic, although in both cases availability can vary due to third party travel centres either still being in ‘no paper allowed due to Covid’ mode or due to travel centres being closed.

Have any other operators restarted paper?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flange Squeal

Established Member
I believe CT4N (Nottingham) and Connexions Buses are another couple who have both made a point of publicising paper timetables being made available again now services look a bit more stable for a while. CT4N have tweeted about it, and Connexions have Facebooked about it.

route101

Established Member
None in Glasgow area. Racks all empty at Glasgow Buchanan Bus Station. Not sure about Lothian.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Part of the reason for operators not supplying timetables in the past year may be due to the fact services were changing quite frequently due to local lockdowns, government funding etc.

In Aberdeen the travel centre is closed so i haven't been able to see if there's updated paper timetables. They do usually also stock them at the depot reception but i haven't been in there either. Even if there isn't timetables on the rack i'm fairly certain if you ask at reception they'll print a basic timetable off for you.

LUYMun

The last time I travelled with them, White Bus of Winkfield still had paper timetables alongside Surrey County Council timetable booklets.

geoffk

Established Member
Devon County Council says on its website that they are currently printing 2021 Bus Times booklets – these will be distributed shortly, with an issue date of 21st June. At present there are e-booklets only. There are six booklets covering all the administrative county except Exeter. Train times are not included.

Established Member
There looked to be a rack of timetables at Nottingham station last week. Not sure if it was the NCT or trentbarton rack. Meanwhile the rack at Derby which normally has timetables for the skylink and royal Derby had nothing.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Huddersfield travel centre have nothing in the racks. However if you do require a timetable or timetables, they'll print one out for you either from Metro's own or the operators website, the latter is better as they're a lot clearer (especially if its First, Stagecaoch, Transdev or even South Pennine).

lightbulb

Centrebus have issued a Luton area bus guide, dated 10th May, replacing the former booklet. This is a large single sheet folded guide, with timetables and maps. Unfortunately it is incomplete, excluding routes 44, 45, 88, and 230.

overthewater

Established Member
Lothian don't appear to have resumed yet from what I saw over the weekend. I'm going to keep an eye out over the next week or so though.

I doubt any Scottish operator would bring back the paper timetables until the special covid rules are scrapped, since they can still change timetables within days.

Last edited by a moderator:

route101

Established Member
There is something about a printed timetable with a route map. Only one I have seen recently was on a go northeast bus.

Stan Drews

Established Member
I doubt any Scottish operator would bring back the paper timetables until the special covid rules are scrapped, since they can still change timetables within days.
McGill’s have produced a new 32 page Johnstone area booklet for changes in the area which start next week. It was delivered to houses in the locality, and has also been seen on buses.
You can download a copy at the following link.

overthewater

Established Member
McGill’s have produced a new 32 page Johnstone area booklet for changes in the area which start next week. It was delivered to houses in the locality, and has also been seen on buses.
You can download a copy at the following link.

Mcgills must be extremely confident no further lockdowns will happen or further changes will be made to its network moving forward. Mcgills tend to be first out the gate.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Mcgills must be extremely confident no further lockdowns will happen or further changes will be made to its network moving forward. Mcgills tend to be first out the gate.
So long as the government funding remains services will likely remain unchanged. Aberdeen for example has had multiple lockdowns over the past year yet services have remained the same since last July. Interestingly it's probably the longest they have ever gone without a service change.

Stan Drews

Established Member
The pandemic doesn’t mean businesses simply stop functioning. Many operators across the country have been making alterations to their networks, in addition to the simple frequency reductions that were the hallmark of the key lockdown periods. The Johnstone area changes were also registered in accordance with the normal 70 day process.

Status
Not open for further replies.