• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Par - Newquay 1st Class Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman

Established Member
Hi, I'm thinking of doing a run on the 1326 Par - Newquay HST and the 1500 ex-Newquay return. I know the SOR/ADR is £3.90, but the HST conveys 1st Class accomodation. FGW don't have any fares for 1st Class online, and neither do their telesales people.

I asked them if it would be possible to buy a 1st Class return from the Train Manager, he said "it would be at his discretion and subject to availability"

Has anyone here tried this before or does anyone know whether it's likely I'll be able to get on ok, buying a ticket on the train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Under BR you could be charged an additional 50% of the SDS/SOS fare to use 1st where no separate 1st fare was shown in the database. Now it is more complex. I would suggest buying a standard ticket and just speak to the guard. You may find it has been declassified and you have nothing further to pay.

scotsman

Established Member
Under BR you could be charged an additional 50% of the SDS/SOS fare to use 1st where no separate 1st fare was shown in the database. Now it is more complex. I would suggest buying a standard ticket and just speak to the guard. You may find it has been declassified and you have nothing further to pay.

Cheers, I was expecting the guard to look up his fare on the machine, not find anything and say "up you go mate".

It would be a shame if it was declassified, I'm hoping to try some of FGW's complimentary snacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.