• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parbold to Minster

Status
Not open for further replies.

mullin

Hello folks,

I've had an e-mail through informing me that advance tickets are now on sale for Friday 27th July.

I am travelling from Parbold to Minster with a 16-25 railcard and looking for the cheapest ticket going. I can travel any time, but would prefer to be in Minster by 7pm at the latest. It's a single journey only. Will be heading to London a couple of days later.

Looking back for days earlier in the week, tickets are available for £11.20 and £14.85 (ie Thurs 26th July) and the Friday prior for £14.85 too.

The 27th, the 09.41 and 10.41 are priced at £22.10 and £27.70 respectively.

I currently have to go via Bolton (BON) to take me from Manchester to Euston (going via Wigan is generally more expensive - fewer trains).

Can these be reduced at all in price? Could it be relating to Olympic tickets being sold already on any of these trains?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
According to National Rail, Virgin have only released tickets up to and including the 19th July as shown here.

The prices you have given above are the only trains that STD advance tickets are available for on your requested date. Here is a cheaper option for yourself :

Parbold dep 0941 arr Manchester Piccadilly 1035 dep 1115 arr London Euston 1323

London St Pancras dep 1404 arr Ashford International 1451 dep 1503 arr Minster 1537

Tickets required :

Parbold to Manchester Stns Off Peak Day single £3.85
Manchester Stns to Minster STD advance VWC + Connections £14.85

Total cost : £18.70

mullin

Many thanks Sonic, for some reason I didn't consider splitting at Manchester... not quite sure why...

Status
Not open for further replies.