• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parcel Vans at Oxford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CarltonA

Thanks, was wondering about them for a while. Maybe they will outlast the coming of the Marylebone service when it starts.

route:oxford

Established Member
I doubt it, I think there are meant to be platforms built on the dock where they live!

The adjacent derelict swing bridge is due to be refurbished in the near future.

Perhaps, at the right time, these two parcel vans should also be refurbished, repainted in faux LNWR colours and placed on the swing bridge...

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
They were used in BR days for the Area Managers stores ! - they probably have a short lifespan .....probably unmoveable !

cm39275

as a member off Oxford station staff, the station managment have mentioned these vans are ment to be moving to a preserved railway when that part off the station is redeveloped as part off Chilterns evergreen 3 prodject. these vans currently are used to stores salt and killfrost ready for the winter.

Crimson_Quiff

Whopper. I last clocked these vans when I travelled on Retro Railtours' Leeds-Oxford outing, November 2010.

A piece of railway history and all that!

43021HST

Established Member
Those Vans must've been there for a long time, Dad was telling me when he used to work at Banbury North box, he used to catch train from Reading, this would've been sometime in the early nineties. He can remember the vans being there then.

Status
Not open for further replies.