• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paris Nord - Est

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
Hi, on Tuesday on my way to Berlin I am changing from the E* to TGV. I need to get from Nord to Est. Can anyone recommend how to get there, walking isn't an option really as I'm travelling with quite a bit of luggage and grandparents :)

BTW I arrive Nord at 08:50, and leave Est at 11:24

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
If you really can't walk it, probably have to be a taxi - the two stations are so close together that attempting to do it by Metro involves just as much walking as walking directly does.

MCR247

Established Member
If you really can't walk it, probably have to be a taxi - the two stations are so close together that attempting to do it by Metro involves just as much walking as walking directly does.

Are they that close? Maybe I should have checked before ruling walking out :oops:

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Agreed. The grandparents would probs find the Metro painful (depending on age etc.).
Walking is easier than Metro.
Taxi is easier for fraile people than walking (but more hassle for the agile)

Oracle

Established Member
I did try the Metro once but it was much more hassle than just walking. With retrospect, if I had others with me that were unable to walk I would take a taxi as it would be very quick.

pemma

Veteran Member
With Metro you'll also have to get your luggage through the ticket barriers which wouldn't be that fun. The Metro and RER are quite a walk from the Eurostar platforms as other people have pointed out.

The other thing to be aware of is Eurostar trains are 18 carriages. At St Pancras if you're in the rear carriage you're sent up a different way than if you're in the front carriage but at Gare Du Nord it's walk to the front of the train. However, you do seem to have quite a bit of spare time so could easily have a few minutes rest. I think the trains normally stop in Paris with the higher number at the front.

MCR247

Established Member
Thanks everyone, you've been a great help. I've just got directions from Google Maps

Oracle

Established Member
Amazingly yesterday I was driving back from seeing the Eiffel Tower with the family, and foolishly went into the centre just to see how things had changed and got stuck in the rush hour. We ended up passing both Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est! Also Gare St Lazaire as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.