• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paris RER unit allocation info ("gen")?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
II know this is a very long shot but I don't suppose anyone on here has access to RER gen, particularly for Line D? I'm chasing my last few Z20500 units this week; I need 6 on Line D and 7 off Gare de l'est...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
The OP is after stock allocations et al so he can scoop specific units! I'm afraid I can't assist myself.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
That's correct though I have to admit I would be surprised if anyone here does have the relevant access - we don't have a huge number of French members for a start...!

I got three of the Line D examples this evening and one other escaped me...

TRAX

Established Member
You have to take into account that line D trains also run on line R.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What is RER Gen ? (shame on my french self)
It's ok; most members of this forum would not know what "gen" means. I have edited the thread title to clarify that it means unit allocations, ie. where a particular unit is working at any specific time.

Its a colloquial term used by some "bashers" (people who are either aiming to travel on all trains of particular types, or people who aim to travel as much as possible on a particular class of train) in the UK.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
You have to take into account that line D trains also run on line R.
Yes and I'll scan that lot later - didn't have time yesterday. Currently covering the three off peak diagrams at Est... First one is a double dud...

TRAX

Established Member
It's ok; most members of this forum would not know what "gen" means. I have edited the thread title to clarify that it means unit allocations, ie. where a particular unit is working at any specific time.

Its a colloquial term used by some "bashers" (people who are either aiming to travel on all trains of particular types, or people who aim to travel as much as possible on a particular class of train) in the UK.

Thank you. What does Gen stand for ?

On Moderation

It is in common enough usage to appear in dictionaries: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gen

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Well... I'm down to three, all off Est, and two of those are a pair stabled at Pantin awaiting the evening peak. The big questions, then, are which working they're on and where is the third one...?

20897 just in case anyone else over here sees it...!!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
As soon as I posted that it got scrambled as the 18.01 Meaux semi fast vice two Z50000s... So... One left to get, 20897...

Status
Not open for further replies.