• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paris RER unit Z8881

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I have a visit to Paris coming up soon and this particular unit, which should be on RER Line C, has often eluded me and it is now my only remaining haulage requirement for the whole of the Z5600 and Z8800 classes.

Would any of our Paris based members please be able to say if the unit is currently in service and if it is indeed on Line C ( and hasn't migrated to the La Defense - La Verriére shuttles - although I haven't found it on that route either... )?

The last time I saw it was about three years ago, on Line C, but unfortunately going in the opposite direction at St Michel on a peak extra that never came back that evening...

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
French Wikipedia lists it as being in Carmillon livery and still allocated to the RER C, on a list that was last updated two days ago, so I would hazard a guess that it's still in service and was part of the recent/current refurbishment scheme.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Looks like I'm in for a long fester on Line C at some point then. Still, I do have four Z20900s still to get which of course are also on Line C so I might at least be able to get something!

Status
Not open for further replies.