• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paris to Chartres trains query

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning, I hope to be having a couple of nights in Paris next month enroute to the south and during my time there, I should like to do a day trip from Paris to Chartres, last time I was there was in the early 1970s on a school trip.

I have been trying to work out what the fare is in euros, I don't want to pre book, but just buy tickets at Paris Mont Station, when I look on the SNCF Site it give times, then reverts to the UK Sales site for prices in GBP £ 12.50 each way.

I don't think those trains are prebookable? they are TER services, leaving at 1006 and returning at 1530 ish. Would these be double deckers by any chance?

Can one still buy Paris Metro tickets at STP by the way?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I have been trying to work out what the fare is in euros, I don't want to pre book, but just buy tickets at Paris Mont Station, when I look on the SNCF Site it give times, then reverts to the UK Sales site for prices in GBP £ 12.50 each way.

I don't think those trains are prebookable? they are TER services, leaving at 1006 and returning at 1530 ish. Would these be double deckers by any chance?

Try this version: http://www.sncf.com/fr/horaires-info-trafic/trajet/detail
It says the normal fare is €16.

They were double deckers when I last travelled that way (1995-ish!).
To make the return journey a bit more interesting I went on from Chartres to Le Mans (very attractive) and came back via the LGV.

Status
Not open for further replies.