Parking at Carlisle station

Discussion in 'Infrastructure & Stations' started by doningtonphil, 10 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doningtonphil

doningtonphil Member

Hello

I am travelling from carlisle to London on Thurs (dep 08.06) and return at 17.00 the following day.

Is there a long stay car park at the station. If so, where is it, will I get in just before 08.00?

If not, is there a nearby safe alternative?

I hope you can help.

2. driver9000

driver9000 Established Member

There is a station carpark. Head onto the station forecourt and turn left just past the Courts hotel - inbetween the hotel and the station building.

3. Chrism20

Chrism20 Member

You should be ok at that time although it can get quite busy. There is a private car park off the Botchergate that is much cheaper than the station one although I would say the station one is much safer.

4. doningtonphil

doningtonphil Member

Thanks both.

If anyone can help by confirming I will be OK arriving there at 07.45. Or is it full by then?

5. Condor7

Condor7 Member

I have been many times to the station car park although usually between 8:30 and 10:00 depending on the day, and have always got a place.

6. Chrism20

Chrism20 Member

Yeah you should be fine, the only day I have ever seen it full is a Saturday due to it being cheaper to park in the station car park than the lanes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.