• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parking at/or near Leeds Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

basfordlad

Can anyone recommend the best car park to use near leeds station, will be for a day and a half. Somewhere close to the station and secure.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
It's all very expensive I'm afraid, so can't recommedmnd any myself. Google is probably your best bet.

Condor7

There is Granary Wharf, where you can park under the arches, and is manned until late, and patrolled during the night. It used to be £12 per day (24 hours) which was not that long ago. These arches are fully refurbished and are well lit

You can also park in the Dark Arches under the railway bridge which is cheaper and looks secure, but less inviting in appearance.

Both are just a few minutes walk away. There is also a multi story car park near the station entrance which when full overflows into an open area car park.
Rail travelers get discounts, but I am not familiar with the cost.

ash39

Established Member
If doing that option Garforth would be worth considering, it's the largest car park of any Leeds outskirts station, but gets busy after about 8am. You'd have no problem on a weekend or evening though.

If coming towards Leeds from the west, then I'd go with New Pudsey.

basfordlad

Thanks everyone for their imput, we ended up using the multi story in princess square.
It was all a bit last minute to take account of the good weather in Morecambe on Sunday

We did the 8.40 leeds to morecambe, then next day, morecambe to barrow, then barrow to carlisle and then back down to leeds.

2 long journeys on pacers, an experiance....

Status
Not open for further replies.