• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parking at Retford

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Hi All,

I'm looking to do some video recording on the Platforms at Retford next week. Does anyone know how long you get for parking in the Short Stay car park or anywhere else nearby I can park for Free?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
The short stay is pretty much drop off only I think. It used to be 20 minutes or something.

Options are a day rate in The car park at some ludicrous figure like £10.

Parking on the left hand side of the road leading to the station against the long tall wall. This is free but busy during the week.

Parking for I think a maximum of 1 hour in the short section on the corner of the road opposite the station. This is free but limited on time. I’m not sure how hot they are at ticketing.

Parking on some streets nearby is non permit but they’re a walk away.

If you’re not wanting to risk the against the wall parking (I’ve turned up at 0730 hoping for a space and ended up paying for 4 days when I’ve been working away) then it’s actually cheaper to arrive and depart by train.

XCTurbostar

Established Member
The short stay is pretty much drop off only I think. It used to be 20 minutes or something.

Options are a day rate in The car park at some ludicrous figure like £10.

Parking on the left hand side of the road leading to the station against the long tall wall. This is free but busy during the week.

Parking for I think a maximum of 1 hour in the short section on the corner of the road opposite the station. This is free but limited on time. I’m not sure how hot they are at ticketing.

Parking on some streets nearby is non permit but they’re a walk away.

If you’re not wanting to risk the against the wall parking (I’ve turned up at 0730 hoping for a space and ended up paying for 4 days when I’ve been working away) then it’s actually cheaper to arrive and depart by train.
Thanks for the info @robbeech. Looks like I'm better off going to Worksop and getting the train to Retford. Do you know what the car park at Worksop is like?

Last edited:

robbeech

Established Member
£3 per day now.
There’s on street parking near Kiveton Park station a 2 minute walk from the station (free).
There is a car park at the station but it’s hardly worth trying it has 9 spaces.

If you do try KVP be advised that the parking is the opposite side of the level crossing to where you need to be so allow plenty of time to park and get over to the Lincoln bound platform else you’ll be stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.