• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Partner used season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmeplease3

Hi Everyone,

Looking for any advice on what's best to do.

My boyfriend took my annual season ticket on SWR today and got caught by a guard. The guard confiscated the ticket and told him this would be investigated.

I want to get a new ticket/get my ticket back, but worried about whether saying anything at a ticket office will impact him badly and lead to prosecution. What is the best/safest thing to do?

Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
Say the truth. The only way he will avoid prosecution and be offered an out of court settlement is if he is honest, upfront and reassures them he won't do it again. If you try to cover for him, that could possibly be seen as more dishonesty and land him in more trouble.
However my advice would be stick to the minimal facts and not incriminate him further, he's already been caught so will already be in some degree of trouble.

I'm assuming he took it without your permission? If he took it with your permission you need to be careful and I wouldn't count on seeing your season ticket back.

Status
Not open for further replies.