Passed my assessments, thank you..

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Fred Dinenage, 14 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred Dinenage

Fred Dinenage Member

To those who've helped with queries via PM including established drivers, i greatly appreciate your replies. And a general thank you to the helpful lot on here, it's appreciated :D

2. SPADTrap

SPADTrap Established Member

Top work :) Congrats! Enjoy it.

3. Fred Dinenage

Fred Dinenage Member

4. RBSN

RBSN Member

Well done!

5. Johncleesefan

Johncleesefan Member

6. Fishyoil

Fishyoil New Member

Top job. Hope to be in the same position some day.

7. Legzr1

Legzr1 Member

Well done mate.

On the railway it's always best to persevere - what takes weeks in the real world can take years in the world of the FOCs and TOCs but it's worth it in the end.

8. Fred Dinenage

Fred Dinenage Member

RBSN, no worries for the lift and well done to you too!

Cheers johncleese and fishyoil, lots of helpful threads on here, i'd have got through a lot easier if i'd remembered to re-read a few...

Thanks Legrz1, i appreciate your craic and advice :D

I must say the assessing staff at DB Schenker were friendly and as helpful as they possibly could be whilst being professional in realising that the day is stressful enough without adding to said pressure by constantly interrupting and appearing devoid of emotion. The individual who tested and interviewed me from the OPC on the old-style tests certainly made the whole process as uncomfortable as possible whilst being deliberately unhelpful.

One hurdle down, no doubt a few still to jump ;)

9. RBSN

RBSN Member

Thank you!

And I agree; the staff down in Doncaster were really good and made the day feel less stressful.

10. Daz9284

Daz9284 Member

Congratulations for passing DBS assessments. Where are you hoping to be based?

It is good they are still doing them, as I (plus many others on the forum) got the dreaded e-mail saying all trainee driver recruitment for 2015 was cancelled.

all the best
    darryl

11. Fred Dinenage

Fred Dinenage Member

My assessments were for Northern Rail not DBS, Daz...just sat them at DBS Doncaster. The job is for MDD at Heaton depot, internal applicants take priority so i doubt i'll get the position but over the moon to have passed - it's taken me 2 years since my last assessment attempt to get here.

12. l0c0m0t1ve

l0c0m0t1ve Member

13. Daz9284

Daz9284 Member

Arr, that makes sense.

Patience is definately a 'must' for train drivers (probably why the process takes so long :D).

Fingers crossed for you. I'm waiting to hear if I have got into FLHH and Northern Rail at Leeds.

all the best
    daz

14. Fred Dinenage

Fred Dinenage Member

Thanks Daz, best of luck to you :D

15. alm

alm Member

Hi....new to this...I have my assessment day on Wednesday 27th May 2015..its for East Mids and the position is for a depot driver.....I have been revising for about four hours a day the Dot concentration tests, some machanical info and answering multiple choice questions with reference to looking at a picture for a couple of seconds......I am just wondering if anyone can shed any further info on what happens on the day, how long tests take, how long the day takes?...My TOC have stated I am only attending for the assessments..but is it possible this is a flanking exercise and interviews will also be conducted?....does anyone know the desired pass rate etc?...and any tips for the day itself..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.