• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger figures for each service and queries on Blackpool route

Status
Not open for further replies.

samj

Hi all, Is there anyway that I could possibly grab hold of passenger figures at a certain station, for example. How many passengers on average board the 0736 train from Blackpool North? I am mainly looking for ones around the Blackpool and Fylde lines. :D

Secondly, what are the busiest services throughout the day on the Blackpool line in the morning and evening peaks say between Blackpool and Preston/Manchester, and also during the day?

Help would be appreciated as am hoping to write up some information.

Many thanks.

Sam.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
wikipedia should have them on the stations page. I know theres somewhere else you can get them but me heads a blank right now.

in fatc im sure there was a thread on here just a day or so agoo about the increase in pax figures on some stations in cornwall which had the link. Im being very thick today it seems.

ahh also just noticed you wanted to know how many boarded a train too - Pick a number as it will never be right

WatcherZero

Established Member
Network RUS's will have general line loading, ORR publishs annual entries and exits for stations. I dont believe there is any public breakdown by service though.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Try here:
www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1863
and here:
www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1529

I agree with WatcherZero that analysis by specific services is not available, and because of the validity of all ticket types which are not tied to specific services, (incl. Season Tickets, Rovers, Anytimes, Off-Peaks) that the data you seek can only be derived from ad hoc passenger surveys, which are both rare and will become very unreliable when extrapolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.