• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger information enhancement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just very recently (in the last two weeks or so) I have noticed that passenger information screens and on station announcements have begun to include specific information on the location of approaching trains, which was not given before. For example, at Manchester Piccadilly P14 the indicators and announcements sometimes say whether down trains have left Stockport or passed Levenshulme or Mauldeth Road; and at Warrington Bank Quay down trains from Chester are announced as having left or passed Helsby, Frodsham or Runcorn East. Is this a new enhancement to passenger information systems? Is it happening network-wide? It's certainly an improvement and I hope it will be appreciated.

John Prythech.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chris M

It's something I've heard/seen on South Eastern in the past few months, and on TfL Rail* since about the time the 345s started. I assumed it was a London-area thing, but then since it started I've not been further afield than Gravesend on either of those operators.

*east, I can't remember about the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.