• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passersby surprised as FCC employee shows discretion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tannedfrog

Today i witnessed an FCC barrier person selling a normal price ticket to a passenger trying to exit having travelled without a ticket. The passenger had "ran for the train and had not had time to buy one". The origin station had facilities to buy a ticket.

Given the bad press of FCC on here I thought it was worth mentioning. I'll not mention the details so no-one gets told off.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Not every member of railway staff is authorised to do everything. I was only allowed to do Penalty Fares, though I frequently spotted prosecution worthy cases which I'd always pass onto the RPIs on duty. Some barrier staff may not be able to do anything at all other than sell tickets.

That said, it's not unheard of for FCC staff to show discretion, but then again good publicity is much harder to come by than bad publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.