• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pathetic Motorways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter

I wondered across this informative yet funny site today, as the name suggests it has a page for every useless motorway in Britain, both current and former examples. Even some motorways that were so useless, they never even got built!

Some examples include:
--The A601(M), which at is southern end, ends at a T junction with a give way sign!
--The A6144(M), which is single carriageway throughout its entire length and finishes with a set of traffic lights (and I thought you aren't supposed to stop on motorways!)

http://pathetic.org.uk/

Enjoy!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewisham2221

Established Member
ROFL!

This has to be one of the most amusing web sites I've ever looked at, I'm actually crying with laughter at some of the captions and descriptions :lol: :lol:

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Seen this before, think it was Mr. G. Hale who pointed to me it, brilliant website I must say though!

Tom B

Established Member
The M606 always amused me... ending in a mini roundabout! :D

Gareth Hale

HSTfan!!! said:
Seen this before, think it was Mr. G. Hale who pointed to me it, brilliant website I must say though!

Yep, and if you look at the M898 I wrote a comment about it (well, my Dad told me what to say.... As I can't drive yet.:happy10::happy10:)

"
Gareth likes the M898:
"I personally think this is the best Motorway in the UK. Without it I would be very stuck and have to drive around the city to get to the A82!

It may be pathetic but it is very very handy and those bends are nothing after you have been on an American Highway sliproad. Believe me!"

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This site has been in my favourites for years, have always found it a good laugh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.