• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paul Daniels Passes Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgl

Established Member
Confirmed at 8:49 by the BBC and later on twitter by his son. Paul Daniels has passed away in the early hours of this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35829251
Magician Paul Daniels has died aged 77, after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.

He was at his Berkshire home with wife Debbie McGee when he died in the early hours of Thursday.

"Debbie and the family would like to thank everyone for their support and asks that their privacy be respected at this sad time," his publicist said.

Illusionist Dynamo called Daniels "a true master and [his death] is just such sad news".

Daniels was born Newton Edward Daniels in Middlesbrough and developed his magic skills in working men's clubs, making his TV debut on talent series Opportunity Knocks...
Another sad day for Entertainment in this country, a quality act in every sense of the word.
Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johnuk123

Established Member
Met him on several occasions, lovely man and unusally for the entertainment industry not up his own ****.

RIP

Steveman

As I found out when I posted the Sir George Martin thread you're wasting your time with threads like this on here as most posters will never have heard of him.

Groningen

Established Member
Just read tweet from Virgin Trains: RIP Paul Daniels. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

455driver

Veteran Member
Very sad news, he was a true entertainer and a very nice bloke as well, sleep well.

pemma

Veteran Member
As I found out when I posted the Sir George Martin thread you're wasting your time with threads like this on here as most posters will never have heard of him.

Paul Daniels will be known to a lot more people as his magic acts were liked by people of all ages. With The Beatles only Paul McCartney has really been in the public spotlight in recent years so some people may not instantly recognise a name like Ringo Starr but if you say "former Beatle and Thomas The Tank Engine narrator Ringo Starr" it's a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Very sad news.

Memories of watching 'Every Second Counts' whilst desperately putting off doing my maths homework !

miami

Established Member
I saw him on stage in London in March 92 or 94 I believe

I liked it. Not a lot, but I liked it.

bnm

Established Member
Never a fan of his, not liking magicians generally, but he was a nice chap when I met him at his home some years ago.

Delivered some restored wood furniture and he was welcoming, gracious, and chatty. Big tipper as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.