• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[PC-rail]Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

but remember you need to pay something like a few grand to unlock the full version :shock:

Julian G

Established Member
no wonder SimSig is better than Pc-rail and Signalling Simulations :P :P

Guinness

Established Member
To be honest once you have discovered SimSig you think PCRail is a basic program made with Blitz Basic. :P

Harold

yeah, for the full product, it's about £30 or over, but thats a complete rip off for something that doesn't look as real as the real thing, whereas sim sig looks very realistic, it's free and it actually looks like a control centre from a IECC

HBA135

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Last time I tried PC Rail it was unrealistic, basic and non-networkable, has that changed?

SimSig is far superior.

Bear in mind SimSig is an accurate representation of what a real IECC is like, while PC Rail is someone's own simulation of an alternative way of signalling.

clagmonster

Established Member
Also, Simsig covers a far larger area, normally either the full area of the PSB/IECC or a collection of small boxes. I've had a go at the PC Rail trial versions but have not been impressed as the small area reduces the challenge. And yorkie, nothing has changed from what you have said as far as I can see.

Julian G

Established Member
i started playing the game, but then.....got bored :P <D
this is quite boring

Harold

Simming, or whoever has this PC Rail Norwich, despite the bad reviews already would you say that it's still worth getting the demo?

HBA135

Simming

Aye get the Demo, Give it a Spin for yourself, just dotn expect any mircles, or improvments from other PC rail products. It depends on what your intrests are really.

Harold

i have played PC Rail, Guildford, Barnham, Paddington and Brighton and i only liked barnham the best!

i prefer sim sig! but i feel like giving norwich a go!

HBA135

Harold

i have played PC Rail, Guildford, Barnham, Paddington and Brighton and i only liked barnham the best!

i prefer sim sig! but i feel like giving norwich a go!

HBA135

clagmonster

Established Member
I have played the demo of Norwich and felt it was poor compared to the Simsig products but you might as well try the demo and see if you like it for yourself, after all the demo is free.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
It's a bit unfair to say it's unrealistic, since Norwich, like many of the other places moddeled in PC-Rail, isn't controlled from an IECC, so actually, a sim-sig version would be unrealistic to (and infact, since sim-sig is an IECC simulation, but he can't simulate IECC due to the contract with NR, no Sim-Sig simulations are going to be "realistic"). Sadly no-one has created a signalling simuation that accuratly represents a real NX pannel, which AFAIK cover most of the route milage in this country. AFAIK, the track layout on all the PC-Rail sims is perfectly accurate, as are other important features. The mechanical signalling simulations on PC-Rail are very realstic, and I don't know of anything that simulates them as well, with block bells and everything. My only real critisism is that it that their simulations are quite expensive, especially considering the quite low milage covered, but perhaps we are spolied by Sim-Sig being free.

Status
Not open for further replies.