• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peak time crowd - Nuneaton to mkc/narborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

vini_1983

Hi all - just wanted to get views from people who are already travelling nuneaton to milton keynes and nuneaton to narborough route.

How's the crowd situation for the below routes in peak times(8-9 am and 6-7 pm)?

- Nuneaton to MKC by midland train(crewe to euston)
- Nuneaton to narborough by cross country

Thanks
Vin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

muug1982

I use the 07:52 Nuneaton to narborough, it's quite busy but there are still seats left at Nuneaton, you may need to ask people to remove their bags. The one after is a leicester terminator, I'd imagine it's busier still given the arrival time in Leicester, but I've never used it.

Coming back, all times ex leicester, so add about 10 minutes for the narborough time. The 17:16 has been 5 cars every time I've caught it, so no issues. The 17:49 is exceptionally busy out of Leicester, although a fair few depart at narborough so you might be lucky. Friday's are particularly busy. The 18:16 is usually ok. The 18:49 doesn't call at narborough, everything after that is pretty quiet

vini_1983

I use the 07:52 Nuneaton to narborough, it's quite busy but there are still seats left at Nuneaton, you may need to ask people to remove their bags. The one after is a leicester terminator, I'd imagine it's busier still given the arrival time in Leicester, but I've never used it.

Coming back, all times ex leicester, so add about 10 minutes for the narborough time. The 17:16 has been 5 cars every time I've caught it, so no issues. The 17:49 is exceptionally busy out of Leicester, although a fair few depart at narborough so you might be lucky. Friday's are particularly busy. The 18:16 is usually ok. The 18:49 doesn't call at narborough, everything after that is pretty quiet

Thanks a lot...can you please have a peep over Milton keynes train crowd and see if that route is also manageable:)

Also is the nuneaton leicester season ticket valid for getting down at narboeough?

Thanks a lot again

muug1982

If I've understood the question correctly, you can definitely use a Nuneaton - Leicester season ticket to start short or finish early at narborough (or Hinckley or south wigston)

Can't help on the MK bit I'm afraid...if I'm going south I use the non stop VT services.

vini_1983

Thanks - really helpful :)
If I've understood the question correctly, you can definitely use a Nuneaton - Leicester season ticket to start short or finish early at narborough (or Hinckley or south wigston)

Can't help on the MK bit I'm afraid...if I'm going south I use the non stop VT services.

Status
Not open for further replies.