• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Peebles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambus731

Anyone been?
I'm considering staying for a night or two there in conjunction with doing The Borders Line.
Would it be best to go on a working day in order to experience the place at its best?

Up to now to me its just been a town with an amusing name that was mentioned in Blackadder

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Peebles is a lovely wee town. There is a regular service (bus 62/X62) to both Gala via Innerleithen & Edinburgh via Penicuik. I've never stayed over (too close to home) but the Tontine Hotel looks good from the outside. I might be able to sort you out with borders bus travel - send me a pm.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I used to have a client in Peebles, it sounded very nice.

I wonder why the borders railway does not continue to Peebles and Hawick, the latter town being a centre of fine Scottish Knitwear, Pringle, Lyle & Scott etc. Then onto Carlisle.

There are some steam services on that line too for another month I think, being promoted by Steam Dreams, I understand it's steam out & diesel back.

Enjoy the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.