• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Penalty Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
73101 from WNXX said:
Got on the train from Stratford-Upon-Avon today (towards Brum) and two penalty fares inspectors got on (almost unheard of there).

Two girls and a guy (from college) had got on without tickets - they had been sat on the bench waiting for 10-15 mins, with the usual conversation of "Yeah but, no but, my boyfriends gonna beat him up" etc.

Anyway these 3 idiots assume these guys are normal ticket collectors, and out comes the demands for 3 child fares ( ) for 3 stops.

The look on their faces as they are told they will have to pay £20 each was so funny. The girl says how do you know I'm not gonna give you a false address and the inspector phones to check. Every excuse they gave was shouted down, and I mean shouted

Priceless

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
There's such a thing as Penalty Fares being issued in the WM? Shocking.

Wish I'd seen it TBH, I can't believe it actually happened.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They're lucky there were no police around as giving a false name and address is a criminal offence! they could have been in serious trouble.

Met Driver

Established Member
Topic tidied - I appeal to joy54 & Galvanize to keep their differences off forum.

Met Driver

Established Member
Galvanize said:
Sorry seth, was just trying to have some fun.

It looked more like a common dispute to me, and this forum isn't the place to make personal digs at each other. I don't think the word 'fun' comes into it. Enough said.

joy54.gen

I was just trying to point out you can't be a hypocrite and get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.