• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolino 390010 renamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eos

Penolino 390010 , Ex -Chris Green, was today renamed at Wolverhampton station, "A Decade of Progress" to celebrate 10 years of Virgin trains existence, with a book of the same name by John Balmforth- proceeds in aid of the 'Railway Children Charity'.
Fot at :-
http://railfoto.fotopic.net/p41102775.html

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Can anyone who has read this book recommend it? Not seen it for myself yet. For anyone interested see here.

eos

I spent some time previewing the book at the naming today, and there are some stunning colour photographs , and is extremely well produced. Didn't have time to read the content at length, but its not a 'spotters' book. Its a behind the scenes publication of all that went on , and went wrong in the first 10 years of VT, and was on my shopping list. At that amazon price , its a bargain....off to order it now..

The Gricer

I saw this book at the weekend. I only had a quick flick through but what struck me most was that the colour seemed a little over done. The book has loads of pictures but the saturation of the colour was such that it made everything look unnaturally bright and gaudy. Unless of course I was looking at a bad copy.

Frank

CosherB

Established Member
I'd agree with the above re the book. The colours are a bit oversaturated, but it's a good read (I've had it a few Weeks now). It gives some good 'behind the scenes' accounts of what went on over the last 10 years, but it is a bit of a Virgin marketing document. I suspect some of the stuff that didn't reflect well on Virgin has been left out of the book, and all the good stuff about the company has been included.

But is a very good read, a nice record of the WCML over the last 10 years. Highly recommended!

CS

Status
Not open for further replies.