• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolino at Wolverton

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMeS

The birds have left our local lake for the summer, so I took my birding gear (Eos 50D & EF 400 F/5.6L) to Wolverton station, and here's one straight on. The AIServo worked well - most of a series at 6fps were sharp.
On similar shots of Super Voyagers I could see the driver, but not on any of the Pendolinos.

Resized and sharpened for web.
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~emes1938/Images/09562 Pendolino at Wolverton.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crewmeal

Brilliant shot - well done. Now if only that was the Caledonian Sleeper with a Scotrail 90 on the front, it would be perfection!

eMeS

Thank you.

I fear that the Caledonian Sleeper passes through Wolverton when I'm asleep or surfing the web etc., but if you can tell me the times, I might give it a go - summer has to be the best time. I'm pretty sure that I filmed the sleeper going north through Milton Keynes last winter, at around 21:50 (?) but that was testing the camcorder in dim orangey light.

At Wolverton all trains approaching from the north during the day, are preceded by announcements, and the viewpoint is good, so that's where I point the camera. Fast trains from the south are not announced, and can be well through before either I've turned the camera round, or the camcorder has awakened.

Status
Not open for further replies.