• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolino coaches Long Marston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willas00

Hi,

I'm sure I've came across an image somewhere on the internet recently which may of been these forums of Class 390 coaches in storage at Long Marston. (I presume there from the derailed pendo)

Can anyone help with the picture if you have it or have seen it?

Can't find it for the life of me now...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Really? Like what exactly, other than the demic DVTs?
In terms of mark 3s, twelve RFMs, five FOs and eleven TSOs are listed as currently being stored at Long Marston. Not a massive number of vehicles, admittedly, but there are at least a few.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
There are pendo coaches at Long Marston. part of written off 390 033. Part of it along with 221 141 is at Crewe for staff training and part went to the Fire Training College at Evesham. at least it has a better future than 365 526 which is confetti across a MOD firing range.

sprinterguy

Established Member
There are pendo coaches at Long Marston. part of written off 390 033. Part of it along with 221 141 is at Crewe for staff training and part went to the Fire Training College at Evesham. at least it has a better future than 365 526 which is confetti across a MOD firing range.
221141 is in service with Crosscountry. If you're referring to the two driving vehicles from 221144, these are visible from passing trains at Central Rivers depot, where they typically provide company for the resident class 08 shunter. It's just the two vehicles from 390033 (specifically driving car 69133 and pantograph car 69833) that are at Crewe.

There were two vehicles from 390033 stored, sheeted over, at Long Marston; first class vehicles 69433 and 69533, but I am unsure if these have since been scrapped.

For completeness, the other extant vehicles from 390033 are MF 69633 and MS 69733 at the fire training college at Moreton in Marsh, and MS 69933 at the Safety & Accident Investigation Centre at Cranfield in Bedfordshire.

Last edited:

CosherB

Established Member
In terms of mark 3s, twelve RFMs, five FOs and eleven TSOs are listed as currently being stored at Long Marston. Not a massive number of vehicles, admittedly, but there are at least a few.

Fair enough, I'd not realised there were so many. Still, twelve RFMs, five FOs and eleven TSOs is plenty to make lots of TPE rakes as well as the Pretendolino! ;)

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Type-o meant 144. Last heared it was at crewe but if its parked at muddy waters I havent been that way for some time!

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Fair enough, I'd not realised there were so many. Still, twelve RFMs, five FOs and eleven TSOs is plenty to make lots of TPE rakes as well as the Pretendolino! ;)

A couple at least. Now there's an idea !

Status
Not open for further replies.