• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolino. Hornby or Dapol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Was just wondering what I should do.
Dapol have a Pendolino set out already, but I think Hornby have one on the way.
Should I get the Dapol or will it be worth the wait for the Hornby?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I'd say wait and see what the Hornby one is like.
From what I have heard the Dapol one isn't that brilliant. The Pantograph is just a fixed-position molded piece and isn't a good representation of the complicated pantograph!

I haven't seen one in the flesh as of yet but there ya go.

Nathan

Gizmogle

Established Member
Yeah, the paint's kinda rough on the Dapol model isn't it.
Think I'll definately be waiting for Hornby to bring it out. Thanks

Nathan

No problem, does anyone know if Hornby's pendolino will tilt? Or will we end up buying new bogies *looks up last years article in Model Rail magazine*.

Nathan

The 5 car set does indeed however they are not stocked any longer, but from what ive seen the tilt is very good and you dont get better quality than that in a model. Reason being was that Bachmann was loaned the CAD designs used used by Bombardier’s plants in Brugge, Crespin, France and Wakefield, England.

class 313

Established Member
I have mixed feelings for that model, the shell looks aswsome but the pantograph and the bogies just let it down to the MAX!

Nathan

The 5 car set does indeed however they are not stocked any longer,

Oops i tell a lie! Before being sprayed by the network rail cleaner, i went down to my local model shop today and Bachmann's tilting Super Voyagers are still in stock. They also said that Hornby's Pendolino should come out early next year.

Established Member
The bachmann Voyager does indeed tilt, my friend is a member of the WRMS and we had a private running session and someone brought a voyager along and it was tilting nicely round most of the corners!

Nathan

Do you know what the tightest radius was? Sounds like it could be a bit of a problem for the tight layouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.