• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pendolino / Voyager diagrams Euston to Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD

I am probably going to Birmingham with Virgin next Monday and want to avoid a Voyager. I know most services are diagrammed for Pendolinos but that there are occasional Voyagers (the 8.03 from Euston being one). Will probably be travelling on the 9.43 or 10.03. Does anyone have access to diagrams so that I can ensure I book a Pendolino ?

David

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I am probably going to Birmingham with Virgin next Monday and want to avoid a Voyager. I know most services are diagrammed for Pendolinos but that there are occasional Voyagers (the 8.03 from Euston being one). Will probably be travelling on the 9.43 or 10.03. Does anyone have access to diagrams so that I can ensure I book a Pendolino ?

For VTWC, because of the significantly different performance affecting pathing, if you check RTT you will generally find what it says there is what actually operates.

Established Member
The 1003 today is showing as coming from Shrewsbury so would be a voyager and possibly a 5 car as well as the 1010 to Chester is on the same platform.

VT 390

Established Member
You can see easily what each service is booked for by getting to the seat reservation stage on the Virgin Trains website when you select the seat you want as it tells you which type of train will operate that service.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
You can see easily what each service is booked for by getting to the seat reservation stage on the Virgin Trains website when you select the seat you want as it tells you which type of train will operate that service.

Even easier to use RTT. I know this isn't 100% in every case, but it is for VTWC.

DVD

Thanks for the advice, gone for the 9.43 which (as suggested) seems to be a Pendolino judging by RTT and seating plan. Should have guessed I suppose as it's the Glasgow one which makes a Pendolino more likely.

sufian123

Thanks for the advice, gone for the 9.43 which (as suggested) seems to be a Pendolino judging by RTT and seating plan. Should have guessed I suppose as it's the Glasgow one which makes a Pendolino more likely.

No. As Glasgow or Edinburgh via new st can be a voyager. 1143 and 1343

1243 is on m-th voyager Fridays it’s a pendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.